Sunday, September 18, 2011

7/11 24/7

A young woman walked into the library 5 minutes before closing.
She attempted make a reservation for an internet computer.
After receiving an error she asks for help. 

Nightrider: "Excuse me, this thing won’t let me on the computer." 
Me: "Yes ma’am, that’s because we are closing in just a few minutes."
<look of utter confusion>
Nightrider: “Do you mean you have specific hours?"


Librarian thought bubble - I should give her a little credit. The bright lights, automatic door sensors, and exhausted library workers are reminiscent of a Wal-mart.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the look of shock when we tell patrons we're closed. I mean really, is there a 24 hour library? I've got to find out.

    Hey I love the idea of your blog. I, too, work at a library, and one of my most favorite things about working at a library are the patrons.

    ReplyDelete