Monday, August 15, 2011

Apparently librarians are babysitters of children and belongings.

A gentleman came into the library to study. He found a cubicle in a far corner and set himself up for a long haul. After a few hours he decided to leave the library. He also left his belongings behind. Three and a half hours later he returned. Surprise, surprise... his laptop was missing. Police Officers arrived at the library fairly quickly to question the man about his stolen item. I couldn't help but smile, and hide a chuckle, when the officer asked him, "So let me get this straight. You left your laptop in the cubicle and left here for 3 hours. Is that correct?" The man says "Yes, I have done it before. I never thought anyone would steal from a library". At this point I had to walk away or the urge to burst out laughing would have overtaken me. The look on the officer's face seemed to scream "Are you really THAT stupid?"

Note from your friendly local librarian - Library employees do not want your unattended laptops or children, but someone else probably does.

No comments:

Post a Comment