Sunday, July 29, 2012

How do people survive?

On occasion certain things happen at the library and you just wonder “how do these people survive?”
On such an occasion, a co-worker of mine was getting a patron a library card. After the patron filled out the required information on the computer, he came to the desk. When asked what his name was, the librarian typed it in and double checked with the patron on the spelling.  She could not find this man in the computer. A few times she tried and nothing. She asked for his I.D. The patron spelled his name wrong. Oh yes dear reader, the patron not only miss spelled his name in the computer, but also when he told the librarian his name.  She then asked the man, “is the spelling on your I.D. correct?” He responded with a laugh and said “Yes, yes it is. I don’t know what I was thinking.”
Librarian thought bubble – “I know what I was thinking. You are number one on the idiot list today. Congratulations. Please do not ask me where the books are on conceiving a child.”

No comments:

Post a Comment