Monday, August 27, 2012

Sights and Sounds at the library

On a typical day at the library you find what you expect. The people browsing the stacks looking for books and DVDs, others using the Internet, even some studying, these people normally go by, not being noticed by others. But then, there are the few that stand out.
 
An extremely nice lady in  her mid sixties came up to me at the desk and told me she applied for a library card. I go through the process of checking her ID and issuing her a card. As I am explaining one last thing, I notice it. The lady is wearing a very thin shirt, this however is not unusual. The lady, who is very well endowed, was not wearing a bra which would have raised her assets to above her waist. This is also not unusual in the library. What is, is the outline of her large nipple rings.
 
I am not a prude. I am aware of these things, of why people do it, the process of getting them and maintaining them. However, it is a bit odd on woman in her 60's, in my opinion. I do not make judgements on people. I observe, and report my findings. This makes a sometimes mundane shift at the library, interesting.

Librarian thought bubble ~ "I hope this lady enjoys her nipple rings.
I just hope she realizes that nipple rings and a net body scrubby do not mesh"

2 comments:

  1. You've got to love the clients like that, don't you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one can say there are "typical" people that patron the library.

      Delete